About the project
A4 is looking for 1 full-time European Solidarity Corps volunteer. Duration: 3 and a half months, from September 2022 until the middle of December 2022. We ask you to be committed to participate the whole duration, it’s important for the project, your learning development and for the hosting organization.
Tasks and activities of the participant
Video documentation of the events at A4. The participant will film performances and interviews with artists performing in A4. This also includes the post-production of the material. Then, the videos are uploaded to A4’s YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUUvnalhlLI_mcpzDYfJa_w) and Facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/A4.priestor.sucasnej.kultury/). Within this specialization, the participant will cooperate with local professional video makers. The participant should bring his/hers own computer with editing software.
In addition to the video and the project itself, the volunteer will be involved in the day-to-day running of the center, regular random tasks, promos, productions, etc.
Other activities depend on mutual discussion and on individual preferences, background and profile of the participant. They can develop their own (creative) project (for example workshop, exhibition, blog, movie, zine, podcast etc). In short, the activities are very varied and there is a lot of space to discuss the preferences of the participant.
We are looking for ESC eligible participants who:
- are between 18-30 years old at the start of the project (September 2022)
- are resident in a EU or EEA (including UK and Ukraine) country. So the participant doesn’t need a 12 month residence permit for Slovakia
- have interest in contemporary art
- are open-minded, flexible, pro-active and communicative
- have an intermediate level of English language
- have some creative skills in photography, web design and general knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (preferred but not necessary)
We are looking for people who are flexible and don’t mind working on evenings and weekends. There is no exact weekly timetable. We plan each week in advance according to the current program in A4.
Expenses within the project are covered by the European Union.
- The volunteers will be housed in a shared apartment.
- Travel costs to and from Slovakia at the beginning and end of the project are covered.
- There are 2 bikes available for commuting around the city. The volunteers also receive a transport card for traveling within the city.
- The participants will receive €9 a day as pocket money and food money. This is
around €270 a month.
- The volunteers will have Slovak language lessons to learn the basics.
How to apply
Apply by filling in this form:
The deadline for applications is the 30th of June 2022.
If you have any questions, contact Tereza Hubackova at email@example.com.
We will be doing online interviews with selected candidates within a week after the deadline.
A4 – Space for Contemporary Culture is an independent, non-commercial center for contemporary culture in the center of Bratislava. It is oriented towards creation, presentation and education in present-day forms of theatre, dance, music and film, contemporary visual culture and new media art. Since its beginning in 2004, A4 has a unique position in the cultural life of the city and has managed to create a very creative and inspiring environment around itself. The productivity of A4 can be proved by more than 3000 organized cultural events, presenting and initiating innovative artistic creations. The music programming is focused on cutting-edge expressions of contemporary music. The A4 cinema club offers screenings of artistic films which are usually not shown elsewhere in the region. Besides that, A4 works with young artists and volunteers and develops the local cultural scene and community.