Are you fascinated with arts and culture? Would you like to help a foreign young person to integrate in the Slovak society and develop himself/herself on a personal level? We are looking for mentors for international volunteers from France, Germany and Spain. They are coming to A4, Bratislava for a one year volunteering project through the European Solidarity Corps program.
In A4, we are going to host European volunteers for the 6th year from this September. The work of the volunteers is mainly about PR and production of events and each of the volunteers has his/her own specialization (photo/video/writing/technician). Besides the general tasks, the volunteers have the opportunity to develop a personal artistic project (workshop, exhibition, concert, etc.). The goal of the ESC programme is to get to know a new culture and to develop personal skills. The mentor is a key factor in this process.
What are the mentor’s tasks:
- Being the buddy and source of information for an international volunteer for the duration of one year
- Welcoming him/her at the arrival, introducing him/her to the Slovak culture
- Giving the volunteer the opportunity to integrate in the local community, to meet other young people, to socialise, to participate in leisure activities etc.
- Supporting the volunteer to evaluate his/her participation in the project (performance, what could he/she do more, how to be proactive, what is he/she learning etc.)
- Supporting the volunteer to carry out a self reflection on the learning outcomes of the volunteering activity
- Providing support on a personal level
- Reporting to the volunteers coordinator once a month
- Being enthusiastic about A4, its goals, arts and culture
- Having a proactive attitude and being able to stimulate and motivate people
- Wanting to commit to this function for at least one year, for 2 hours a week
- An open minded, friendly and empathetic person
- Good command of English language
- Living in Bratislava
- International experience is an asset
- Making friends from abroad and discover new cultures
- Improving and practicing your English / French / German / Spanish language
- Getting the chance to develop your communication and personal skills
- The mentor can go for free to the events organized by A4
- Occasionally it is possible to participate in (inter)national trainings and meetings
- Possibility to participate in developing the volunteer’s personal artistic project
- Experience with a non-formal and in-formal educational process
The European Solidarity Corps is a programme through which young people (18-30 yrs) can go for a volunteering project abroad. They will work around 35 hours a week on their project and besides that they have time to explore the country and its culture.
A4 – Space for Contemporary Culture is an independent, non-commercial center for contemporary culture in the center of Bratislava. It is oriented towards creation, presentation and education in present-day forms of theatre, dance, music, film, contemporary visual culture and new media art. A4 has a performance space for around 250 people, a space for smaller events like seminars/workshops, discussions, screenings and also its own cafe.
Want to apply? Or know more?
If you are interested in this opportunity, you can send your motivation to Ludovit Napoky at email@example.com by 1st of September 2019