Centre for contemporary culture A4 – Zero space based in Bratislava, Slovakia is looking for artists of the Visegrad Group (V4) countries in the field of sound art.
A4 – Zero space is multifunctional culture centre focused on the creation, presentation and education in the forms of contemporary theatre, dance, music, film and visual culture and new media art.
The artist-in-residence projects must be implemented in aV4 country other than that of the applicant’s residence. Supported period of each residency is 3months.
You can apply for residency in our organisation, and when we will accept your residency project, fill out theon-line application form.
Each printout of application form must include the following enclosures:
· Copy of theapplicant’sID(e.g. passport)
· Documentation of the applicant’s previous work—portfolio(uploadable in the on-line applicationform)
· Originalletter of acceptancefrom the A4 – Zero space (copies, faxes or scans cannot be accepted);the letter must be on aletterhead paper and must include the following information:
· nameof the artist
· titleof the project
· planneddatesof the project
· date andsignatureof the statutory representative
Copies ofidentification documents of the host organization;such documents:
· must include the name of the statutory representative
· must include the registered seat of the organization
· must include ID number of the organization (e.g. tax ID number)
· cannot be older than 3months
All compulsory enclosures (except for the registration documents and/or acopy of ID) must bein English. All documents must be delivered to the Fund along with the application form in asingle package; documents sent separately cannot be accepted.
Printed out and signed application form and other required materials need to be postmarked with the deadline date (or delivered personally to the Fund on thedeadline date between 8.30 – 16.30). Documents sent after this date cannot be accepted.
Every applicant for the residency will be evaluated by aselection committee consisting of four independent experts covering different fields of art. The artists will be selected on the basis of proportionality among the Visegrad Group countries.
Selected artists will receive aresidency fee (scholarship) of€750 per monthand the corresponding host organization will receive€750 per monthto cover expenses related to the residency (each residency project receives€4,500in total).
Deadline for 2013 residencies will be on10 September 2012. The results will be announced by the end of November 2012.
For more information click hereor here.