Open call for residencies: A4 – Space for Contemporary Culture in Bratislava is looking for artists from the other Visegrad Group (V4) countries in the field of sound art / experimental music / new media art for 3-month-residencies in frame of the Visegrad Artist Residency Program of the International Visegrad Fund.
A4 is an independent cultural centre, focused on the creation, presentation and education in the forms of contemporary theatre, dance, music, film and visual culture and new media art since 2004. In the domain of sound art / music / audiovisual programming, A4 has a long history of presenting and supporting innovative and cutting-edge approaches.
Please feel free to apply for a residency in our organisation with your project proposal until August 27th at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we decide to accept your project, you will receive a letter of acceptance and you can fill out the on-line IVF application form until September 10th.
Each printout of application form must include the following enclosures:
• Copy of the applicant’s ID (e.g. passport)
• Documentation of the applicant’s previous work—portfolio (uploadable in the on-line application form)
• Original letter of acceptance from the A4 (copies, faxes or scans cannot be accepted); the letter must be on a lettethead paper and must include the following information:
• name of the artist
• title of the project
• planned dates of the project
• date and signature of the statutory representative
Copies of identification documents of the host organization; such documents:
• must include the name of the statutory representative
• must include the registered seat of the organization
• must include ID number of the organization (e.g. tax ID number)
• cannot be older than 3 months
All compulsory enclosures (except for the registration documents and/or a copy of ID) must be in English. All documents must be delivered to the Fund along with the application form in a single package; documents sent separately cannot be accepted.
Printed out and signed application form and other required materials need to be postmarked with the deadline date (or delivered personally to the Fund on the dead-line date between 8.30 – 16.30). Documents sent after this date cannot be accepted.
Every applicant for the residency will be evaluated by a selection committee consisting of four independent experts covering different fields of art. The artists will be selected on the basis of proportionality among the Visegrad Group countries.
Selected artists will receive a residency fee (scholarship) of €750 per month and the corresponding host organization will receive €750 per month to cover expenses related to the residency (each residency project receives €4,500 in total).
More information: http://visegradfund.org/residencies/visual-sound/.